Friday, May 16, 2008

A walk around the block.

My exercise these days comes in the form of walking around my block a couple of times a few mornings a week. I leave my cell phone at home and just walk. I think about the day and mostly I think about my neighbor's yards. Most look like every other yard , but some have their own personality. There's the house that has a couple of wicker chairs and a table set right between to hold that morning cup of coffee. Everyone now and then the owner forgets to take the cup inside and I wonder if she got so caught up in the beautiful morning that she's running late for work!

I always look for treasures on the side of the road as I walk. One morning I came home with three pinecones that are now in my front planter. Another day I found a pillow?! I brought it home and washed it right away and it now graces my bed. I've picked up flower seeds and pecans. I found a dead dragonfly and brought it home to pin into a picture frame.

Another walk took me by the abandoned house that has wild honeysuckle growing through bushes and trees at the fence line. As I walked by, the scent of it lightened my step and my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment