Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweets for my Huny

Because of the weather Huny has been at the airport for more hours than I have seen him this week. During the snow he was gone for the duration, but it's one of the things that he loves about his job. He wasn't sure when he would come home so I didn't have a meal cooked for him and once he did get home we ordered Chinese since we hadn't had that in a good while.

Yesterday he came home earlier than we thought he would so I fixed him a meatloaf dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, peas and rolls. This was our Valentine's dinner since weather was due to come in and we didn't know if he would be home today. So far, it looks like he might be coming home in an hour or so.

But, I did fix him some white chocolate covered strawberries with red sprinkles and I got him a card and one of those $1.00 Wal-Mart heart candy boxes. I think he will like it whenever he gets home.


The card is a store-bought one, but I fancied up the envelope a bit with some craft paper and lace. I had fun making this. (I was actually trying to put the lace on top of they Huny label, but it turned out better this way, I think). The tulips and the love word  came from a magazine that I was throwing in the recycle bin.

I have a fire going and a beer waiting for him, and even though he's getting leftovers, it will still be a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment