Saturday, July 21, 2018

Well, what's been going on?

Life. And then, there's social media. Facebook. Pinterest. YouTube. Twitter. Instagram. All of it I use. I post. I pin. I tweet. But, where's the connection? It seems that instead of sitting for a few moments to read, we click Like. And, I suppose a lot of the reason too is that I, for one, haven't written in a few years and I don't know why that stopped or where the time went. What has happened?

My blog started as a way for me to keep track of my garden and what was happening but it seems that it was easier and faster to just post a sentence or two and a picture and then move on to the next thing in line for the time.

So, in the garden it is HOT. We have an Excessive Heat Warning going on with temperatures as high as 107 yesterday and a high of 111 expected today. Nothing is growing and the grass/weeds crunch as I walk. The trees are even looking very stressed. I gave everything a good little drink yesterday, but with no end in sight for these temps to go down it's going to be a battle to keep everything alive. And, it's time to start the fall garden! WHAT?

I can't even imagine putting down new seedlings right now. They would be cooked in less than a day. So, I will keep my seedlings tucked away until hopefully we get to at least normal 90 - 100 degree temperatures. With some shade cloth and mulch, the seedlings should be okay in that. We shall see.

Chipdrop a few weeks ago. I signed up for this about a year ago and when we came home from supper one day this was sitting in  our yard. Surprise! A couple of neighbors took some but there was a lot left for me to move. But I did it and it is done.

Well, time to get on with the day but I plan to stay inside and stay cool. Y'all be careful out there.






No comments:

Post a Comment