Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kentucky Derby

I have to admit I am not much into sports. I can sit and watch and have fun, but I really have no idea what is going on. I even had a Super Bowl party with a bunch of girlfriends and not a one of us knew what was going on (kinda - we're not complete dodo birds). But we hollered and whooped and had a good ole time and that is still one of the best parties I ever had. I remember one of the teams was the Seattle Seahawks. I don't think they won.

And then my Huny walked into my life. The man is a sports junkie. If I let him he would watch sports channels all day, every day.

Now I sit and watch every sport there is on TV. I am now hooked on NASCAR ( go Carl Edwards - yoohoo). I watch football, I watch baseball, basketball, GOLF (omg). I sit and watch tv and listen to Huny tell me all kinds of statistics, names, places, who's who and who knows what else and I say, Yes, Dear. (Just don't ask me to repeat any of this because I have NO IDEA, what he is talking about.)

So being the dutiful wife and, okay, now I do kinda get into the sports thing (even though I still have no clue), I watched the Kentucky Derby. Getting into the spirt of the thing, I threw on my cowboy horse shirt, dug out my favorite straw cowboy hat and searched high and low for the trim and feathers to make it into a hat worthy of the Kentucky Derby.

When Huny got home from work he started searching for his BB gun. Never mind that he doesn't even own one. HaHa.

I gave him my appropriate Derby nose and asked him if he wanted me to fix him a hat too. Well, he said no way.

Hmmph.
In lieu of the Mint Julip, I plucked a sprig of spearmint sat back and enjoyed the show with my trigger happy Huny.

I hope you had a wonderful day today as well!

1 comment:

  1. I planted some spearmint seeds recently, and can't wait to make mint juleps and mojitos this summer.

    ReplyDelete