Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Today's Harvest

I went for my morning walk and came home to see what was ready to pick for today's salad. Well, there are a few tomatoes, but they are not quite ready. I've eaten all the ripe cherry tomatoes, save one from today. Huny has given up on having some of those for the salad. I just can't help it! I love them!









Mom likes to tell a story of a time when I was a baby girl and got lost. They searched up and down for me and finally found me sitting in the middle of the tomato patch eating cherry tomatoes. Wish I could remember that. I'm sure it was pure heaven.

Our Sweet Banana Peppers are going crazy though! I picked one for the salad and the other two to slice and deseed and serve with some ranch dressing for an appetizer. There are still quite a few on the plants for tomorrow. These are just two and one hiding in background, but there at least five more on these two plants.













I still have lettuce going. I planted these from seed so that is whey they are still here but it is starting to get hot out so I don't know how much longer they'll be around.
I also got some chives and and a green top from the Walking Red Onion. It may not seem like much but this is good for Huny and me for our dinner tonight. I'll just add some feta cheese, olives, sunflower seeds and dressing and I suppose I ought to split that one little cherry tomato with him.

1 comment:

  1. Made me want to rush out and see what I could find in my garden! Val

    ReplyDelete