Friday, September 18, 2009

Rain and more rain.

Well, as ususal, we either have no rain or we have a bunch of rain. Right now we have a bunch of rain. The ground is soggy and makes squishy noises as you walk on it. I'm thinking that snow shoes would probably work to keep your weight distributed on the ground because otherwise you sink into it up to your knees, or almost anyway.

Aside from that, I love the rain! I love the grey skies and the sound of the rain on the ground. I have my windows open so that I can hear the wind going through the leaves and pushing the rain every which way. A while back I wanted to move to the Northwest because of their rainy weather, but ended up in the Northeast. Bummer. Well, now I'm back home and here to stay and I'm okay with that. One day though I hope to take an extended vacation to the Northwest.

In the meantime, our seeds that we planted seem to be taking the rain in stride. The radishes are coming up. I noticed that the carrots are sprouting as well. I didn't check the other side of the yard because it's tooooo squishy over there so I don't know how that is doing. I have lettuce seeds over there.

The flower garden is loving the cooler weather and have bloomed like crazy. I planted some surprise morning glory seeds in the spring and told Huny, just wait this will be covered in blue blooms. Well, they are pink.








We have a baby! I've been watching the parsley to see if we would get a caterpillar and we did! Here she is, and she is just about an inch long. I am a little concerned because I haven't seen her since the rain started. I don't know anything about caterpillars, so I'm hoping that she's just tucked in someplace that I can't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment