Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where did all the snow go?


Well, I guess that Texas for you. HaHa. I don't believe that we got any freeze last night, although I was freezing when I got in bed. Huny had to work all night de-icing the planes at the airport so my bed was COLD.

When I got up all the snow was gone!  The weather is about 40 degrees, so I decided to take a walk. I opened the door and was greeted with songbirds going about their business. I immediately felt a weight lifted from my shoulders. I took the time to just relax and enjoy the morning mist and the bird songs in the neighbordhood. Because of the cloudy day, I felt as if I was alone in the world for a little while, and I found that that is exactly what I needed. I have been a little neglectful to myself as far as taking the time to be by myself and enjoy my own company. Solitude is not a bad thing. I think that being alone for a bit is an important part of our lives that we need to take and reconnect with ourself to replenish the soul.

I've been feeling a little stressed, as I'm sure a lot of us have the last few weeks, and taking the time this morning for my walk and to not think, was good. I just enjoyed the feel of the cool day and just let myself be.

No comments:

Post a Comment