Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Wednesday!

I don't post as often right now and it's all because at one time or another I somehow copied over a link that keeps taking me out of my blog to who knows where and I don't know how to find it and get rid of it. And Then when I try to work on my Things to Do I have to continually fix the spacing on it. And of course, I don't know how to fix that either.

Need I say that I am tech-challenged? I don't know how to figure it out and everywhere I've looked for help doesn't seem to help.

So I get frustrated and go outside to dig weeds. Aaahhh, that soothes the soul.

Anyway, I've been busy, busy, busy.  The Denton Community Market had their first 2nd Saturday on April 10th and it was a huge success! We had about 20 vendors, music, and coffee. As the weathers warms and the Farmers get to come out and play, it should be an even greater success and a very pleasant place to go on each 2nd Saturday. Please join us and the DCM next 2nd Saturday on May 8th you'll be glad you did.

I've been in the garden, and have lots of pictures to show. I just can't seem to find them just now - hmmmm.

Okay, we'll get back to that.

I've been crafting, crafting.  Here are some pictures of a couple of things:

This started out as a small folder that I covered in paper and added all the doodads. The flower is a silk flower that feel off of something in my house that I took off the plastic and glued on the card. The button is a vintage button that I picked up in my thrift store travels. The little goodies are things I sent along as some "specials". It's not a fancy card, but it was my first card handmade card and I think it came out pretty good. My swap partner liked it as well.

And another swap I did is for an ATC. This is my first as well.


For my first, it came out pretty good. I was pleased.

So where am i doing all these swaps, because these are just a couple I've done, and I've been in several already and I am so addicted. It's called Swap-Bot. I don't remember how I found it. If you do go there - beware - you WILL become addicted and so far I have found NO cure. Although I haven't really looked for a cure at all. It is so much fun!

I'm also working on the baby shower for my little Angelique. I'm making a flag banner right now and almost have it finished. I took a baby crib dust ruffle and cut out triangles (that was a challenge - who knew that could be so hard to do) and then sewed them together. I'm making the 'binding' - not sure what to call it - and because I have meetings tonight and most of the day and evening Thursday, I won't be able to finish it until Friday.

Also, Ryan is graduating so we are planning his grad party. Family will be coming in from Ohio and we plan to have a party here at home. The weather should be cooperating at that time and there shouldn't be any rain.

Okay, I have to go. I came across a blog for a shop in McKinney that I want to visit called Smitten so I'm off on an adventure! I'll get those pics up for you and PLEASE bear with me as I try to get this whole blog mess figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment